What are the most harmful foods that we buy and eat every day, without knowing?

Anything made from grains, especially wheat, and other hard grains. Sugar is number two.
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/

Grains (even whole grains) will spike your blood sugar higher than pure sugar and imbalance your gut bacteria messing up your immune system and causing cholesterol issues leading to impaired brain function, insulin resistance and ultimately a host of chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, arthritis and alzheimers. They also contain anti-nutrients that prevent your body from being able to absorb certain important nutrients like calcium. Grains are actually worse than sugar because of the damage they do. But because it happens so slowly over time, and grains are promoted as such a huge part of our normal diet, nobody notices until someone actually takes it out of their diet to see what happens.

Three years ago, I had a number of health problems (heart, cholesterol) and was 50 lbs overweight as well or as a result and nothing I tried over many years seemed to have any real lasting effect. After doing some research and reading a few books (most notably Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, Kristin Loberg) I decided to try to go without any grains, and eat a high fat, high cholesterol, and low carb - grain-free diet.

It took 6 months to finally flush that stuff out of my system (you need to be completely grain free for a month to really feel the effect - even stuff that ‘may’ contain wheat must be avoided - even avoid gluten-free breads as they can contain a few ppm and still be certified gluten-free. The up-side is that you can eat as much bacon and eggs and full fat cream and butter you want - just not with bread - on your vegetables, salad, and even in your coffee if you want, you can also add salt at will, to make up for the lost salt from not consuming baked goods). The transformation in my health was unbelievable; I lost 50 lbs, could control my appetite, lactose tolerance returned, could go for long times between meals without experiencing weakness, gained energy, my thinking was clearer, higher libido, food tasted better, I have more strength in my muscles than I previously thought was possible, and I don’t experience any joint pain or any of the digestive issues I was having before. My blood work came back completely clean - low cholesterol and well balanced, almost undetectable triglycerides. I don’t even get many colds anymore and when I do, I just seem feel a little off and mildly stuffy for a few days - I used to get terrible sinus colds for weeks. I didn’t increase my amount of exercise but I did find that I became more active as my body became less inflamed all over and my body fat dropped because my body was using it instead of storing it because I didn’t need to eat as often. Even though I still smoke cigarettes (shame on me), it actually feels good to move - I run up stairs now because it feels good. It’s been three years and the weight has stayed off (a few setbacks around Halloween time or if I accidentally eat anything with wheat in it) and I still feel awesome and full of energy. I will turn 50 this year and I will never eat grains again because I feel so good.

Animals that normally eat grass and grains have a very different digestive system than ours and humans only started eating it 10,000 years ago, before that, we ate the grain processed by these animals as protein and fat - we all still only have one stomach and grains are not actually a very good source of nutrients, or fibre compared to most fruits, meat, and fresh vegetables. In fact, cows themselves have much better health when they only eat green grasses in the pasture, they experience health problems similar to ours when fed hard grains. There is no evidence that any grains are required to sustain the human body and yet the food guides recommend 50% of our diet be based on grains. There is a minimum for fat, protein, cholesterol and salt in our diets but the minimum for carbs (sugar and grains) is zero. Could it be because the food guide comes from the department of agriculture? Ask a farmer what you should eat and he will likely tell you to eat what he can grow easily and profitably - grains. If you remove grains from your diet, you effectively cut your calorie intake in half - and you will not eat more to compensate, when your body gets enough fat, it will feel full. When you eat a low-fat diet, your hunger never feels satisfied which is why you can always eat more bread at the end of a meal, if you just had a little butter instead or if the meal had enough fat, you would feel satisfied with a fraction of the calories. The carbs from grains also plug up our fat detectors which cause us to be able to eat more even though we have had enough - that’s why it takes a while to clear them out and correct the micro-biome colonies that digest our food.

The reason that this is not common knowledge despite the scientific evidence that has recently emerged to support it (you can easily search for it) is because there is no money to be made in you knowing to not eat something. There is no food to sell you that you can’t already get fairly cheaply - fresh fruits and fresh non-starchy vegetables, eggs, meat and dairy. They can sell some books and stuff but the real big money is to be made by having everyone consume grains, and getting obese so they will need to consume even more grains to maintain their increased body mass, and getting sick with allergies, chronic diseases, mental illness, and pain so they can provide, diagnosis, treatment, medicine, and pain relievers that cause even more health problems or addiction down the road. The promotion of ‘healthy whole grains’ is a lie and is like promoting light cigarettes as a way to be more healthy. In fact, you would be better off smoking than eating grains - I gave up grains and got healthy and anyone can do it while saving on their grocery bill. Maybe others have a different tolerance for it but the only way to find out is to get it out of your system and find out how it affects you. More and more people are discovering this for themselves.

If everyone stopped eating grains and got healthy and only ate half as much food as before, what would happen to the agricultural, medical and pharmaceutical industry? They are going to cling to the myth that humans should eat grains and low fat foods as long as they can. The problem may not even be the gluten or the wheat itself - it could be the Roundup (plant growth hormone) they spray all over it before harvest to increase yield. Luckily, they can’t force you to eat it despite their efforts to put it in almost everything, you can read the ingredients and make a choice to not buy it.

Buy fresh vegetables, meat, and feel free to smother it in your favourite dairy products (ideally hormone-free dairy and meat). You can eat like a king and be super healthy if you stop eating grains.

Commentaires